Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Kelly Hall-Tompkins: NEW Fiddler Music Videos - STREAM FREE TODAY Full album "The Fiddler: Expanding Tradition" Coming Later This Season

NEW Fiddler Music Videos - STREAM FREE TODAY
Filmed and Directed by William D. Caballero, Audio Recording by Bill Siegmund
Full album "The Fiddler: Expanding Tradition" Coming Later This Season

I'm so excited to share my new Fiddler on the Roof music videos with you today!  It's been a really exciting project to work on and I hope you enjoy it!
If you missed the background info on this, please read below about my amazing journey over the last eight months and how it has lead me to this new project!  I hope you will come to see us at Fiddler on the Roof on Broadway, now until December 31st.  I look forward to greeting you after the show!
Click below for tickets to Fiddler on Broadway and to watch the new videos (where, who knows...you might even see a cameo appearance or two from the show! :-)
I have been Fiddling these new works in concerts across the country starting this summer!  For booking inquiries, kindly respond to this email.
Thank you so much for your interest in my career. 
L'Chaim,
Kelly
Fiddler Rhapsody and Scherzo - arranged by Oran Eldor
Commissioned by Kelly Hall-Tompkins  
Developed with Kelly Hall-Tompkins and Oran Eldor
Also featuring Stephen Benson/Jim Hershman, guitar, Michael Blanco, bass and Joshua Camp, accordion
It has been an absolutely incredible journey to perform as THE "Fiddler"/Violin Soloist for Fiddler on the Roof on Broadway.  Unfortunately, that journey now has a finite end and, the show will present its final performance on December 31st.  But that means you still have 5 more months to buy a ticket if you have not already, or come see us again!  I have been away since July 14, but I look forward to being back in on August 9th and greeting you after the show!
I am so excited that this amazing experience has given me so many wonderful new friendships and artistic collaborations and has stoked my creative energies to an all-time high!  The result of all that (plus 8 performances a week!) is my new solo album "The Fiddler: Expanding Tradition."  The full album will be released later this season and will feature ALL NEW original and commissioned Fiddler solo violin music from the creators of the Tony-nominated Broadway musical, Arranger Oran Eldor and Music Director/Orchestrator Ted Sperling.  Inspired by my good friend Danny Burstein's prodigious and endearing "Tevye" night after night, I have written my own solo violin version of "If I Were a Rich Man" and dedicate it to Danny.  Sheldon Harnick, Fiddler's original lyricist (and also amateur violinist) loves my arrangement and is working with me and the Bock Estate on next steps, so violinists stay tuned! 
I am happy to announce two new music videos, created once again with my amazing team of Audio Engineer Bill Siegmund, Cinematographer/Director William D. Caballero, and my friend, the wonderful fashion designer Gilles Montezin.  The videos feature my arrangement of "If I Were a Rich Man" and the first of the commissioned works: "Fiddler Rhapsody and Scherzo," a wonderful new arrangement by Oran Eldor, which I commissioned and developed together with Oran. This recording features collaborating artists who are my colleagues at the show: guitarist Jim Hershman, accordionist Joshua Camp and bassist Michael Blanco (on video, the guitarist is Stephen Benson). Expanding on the collaboration between John Williams and Isaac Stern for the 1971 film, I am the first "official" Fiddler to contribute new repertoire to the violin canon and Fiddler tradition.  So even as this chapter of this wonderful production draws to a close at the end of the year, a whole new chapter is just beginning!
Thank you so much for your interest in my career.  Videos coming very soon- stay tuned right here!
L'Chaim,
Kelly
"In the Broadway revival 'Fiddler on the Roof' title role...
Kelly Hall-Tompkins, the versatile violinist who makes the music come alive..
.
"
                                                                         The New York Times
"... gorgeous violin solos..."                        
Harry Smith, NBC TODAY Show
Click Below to Buy Tickets for Fiddler on the Roof!
-Final Performance December 31st-

No comments: