Wednesday, January 18, 2012

McLean Symphony of Virginia Celebrates 40 Years With Maestro Dingwall Fleary


Yesterday AfriClassical posted news of the Jan. 14, 2012 concert of the Reston Community Orchestra and composer Eric Lacy, who had a work premiered at the concert. Maestro Dingwall Fleary has thanked us for both posts and has told us he is celebrating 40 years with The McLean Symphony this season. Here is an excerpt from his email:
“Dear Mr. Zick,

First, let me take a moment to thank you for the interest you've shown in my work. If you haven't received information about my other orchestra, The McLean Symphony (with which I am celebrating my 40th season!), give me postal address and I'll see to it that you get a brochure.

My purpose here, however, is to acknowledge receipt of the two blogspots you've posted about the musical tribute to Dr. MLK, Jr., with the Reston Community Orchestra last Saturday evening.  I have indeed forwarded both to Eric Lacy, as per your request. He will be thrilled to see them.
Gratefully yours,
Dingwall Fleary”

Dingwall Fleary, Music Director
The McLean Symphony
Reston Orchestra
Emmanuel Lutheran Church (Bethesda, MD)

No comments: