Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Final Day of 'My Life, My Words' Contest; Entries Due by Midnight, Wednesday, July 6, 2011

[My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer; With additional material by Judith Anne Still; The Master-Player Library, Flagstaff, Arizona (2011)]

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 is the final day of the contest to win a copy of My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer. The book is available at William Grant Still Music for $19.95. When Naxos releases a CD in the next several months, the Fort Smith Symphony will have completed the world's first series of recordings of the 5 symphonies of William Grant Still (1895-1978). The Works of William Grant Still have been compiled by Prof. Dominique-René de Lerma and are featured at AfriClassical.com.

On April 16, 2011, Music Director John Jeter led the Fort Smith Symphony in a public rehearsal of 3 works of William Grant Still which will make up the program of the forthcoming Naxos CD. Two of the works were Still's Symphonies No. 2 (Song of a New Race) and No. 3 (The Sunday Symphony). To enter to win a copy of My Life, My Words: The Autobiography of William Grant Still, American Master Composer, and a copy of IN ONE LIFETIME by the composer's wife, Verna Arvey, answer this question:

What is the name of the third work?

To enter, send an email to wzick@ameritech.net with “My Life, My Words” in the subject line. Entries must be received by midnight Eastern Daylight Time on Wednesday, July 6, 2011. One entry per person please. A winner will be chosen randomly from the correct entries. The winner will be contacted by email and AfriClassical.com will send the prize to the winner.

No comments: