Sunday, April 18, 2010

Comment on Adolphus Hailstork: 'I met him in the mid 80s when I was Education Coordinator for the Detroit Symphony.'


[Adolphus C. Hailstork]


“I thoroughly enjoyed your interview with Adolphus Hailstork. I met him in the mid 80s when I was Education Coordinator for the Detroit Symphony. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him during the DSO's first performance of his oratorio, Done Made My Vow, with the Brazeal Dennard Chorale at the "Classical Roots" concert at Orchestra Hall in Detroit.

“It was a unique experience to watch the work come alive through his response. My only regret was that as he rushed to the stage to acknowledge a thunderous, standing ovation the side entrance was locked! Fortunately, we were able to congratulate him at an elegant reception at Your Heritage House, hosted by its Executive Director, the late Josephine Harreld Love. Thanks for the memories! Phyllis” [Adolphus C. Hailstork (b. 1941) is profiled at AfriClassical.com]





No comments: