Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Comments: In Memoriam: Jerome Ashby, Associate Principal Horn, New York Philharmonic, Dec. 26, 2007



Comments on post on death of Jerome Ashby, Associate Principal Horn, New York Philharmonic, Dec. 26, 2007


Dec. 31, 2007 Mama Coop:

“I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Jerome Ashby. My son, Jason, and I met Jerome 8 years ago at a horn class held at University of Georgia. Jason was only in the 8th grade then and Jerome invited Jason to New York where he gave him a "free" lesson. He encouraged Jason to continue to pursue a career in horn and he often mentored Jason when situations arose regarding direction with his music. Jerome always answered my emails promptly and gave good sound advice to me on how to handle some of Jason's concerns. He will be truly missed.”
Jan. 1, 2008 gyf:

“I never saw or heard Mr. Ashby in person. I always enjoyed watching him when the TV camera 'panned' the orchestra. Our luminaries are much needed, beloved and appreciated. He left too soon.”

No comments: